For many of us, Mi Goreng has become an irresistible guilty pleasure. We eat it when our bank account balance is low, when we crave something savoury, or when we’re simply hungry at midnight. But if you’re tired of eating it the same way or want to make it more nutritious, what should you do? Here is an easy, tasty, and more nutritious midnight Mi Goreng recipe for you.
Mi Goreng Egg Pancake
Recipe adapted from : Healthy Food Guide
- 3 packs Mi Goreng (try out other variants if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 9 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into 2cm lengths
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- fresh coriander, to serve
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional)
How to Make:
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil into a large frying pan and place over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir frequently for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add tofu, carrots, and onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and mix the noodles.
- Add oil into a large frying pan and place over medium heat. Pour the egg and noodles mix in and cook until the egg hardens and forms into a pancake.
- Serve the noodle and egg pancake with the stir-fry vegetables, coriander, and cashews.