What’s better than a bowl of creamy fettuccine? As one of the best comfort foods out there, the Italian dish is not only tasty, but also very simple to cook. Here’s the recipe.
Recipe by: Food to Love
- 25 g butter
- 150 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 ml cream
- salt and black pepper
- 375 g fettuccine
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
How to Make:
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, bacon and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water 10-12 minutes, or until tender but firm to the bite. Drain, return to pan. Add sauce, cheese and chives to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at once.
- For vegan version, substitute cream with avocado, butter with olive oil, bacon with coconut or tempeh bacon, and romano cheese with vegan parmesan cheese.
- You can also replace the fettuccine with any other kind of pasta.