Coconut Snowball Cookies, yum!
We are sure you have your favourite things to do with coconut. It makes great snow or a Santa’s beard. It is a good texture with which to play.
Well, we have yet another idea for this versatile food.
Take your favourite recipe that includes coconut and some form of liquid coconut, coconut water. We suggest using only no-bake items so you can control the liquid.
Don’t have a favourite? Here is a new one which could become a family standard, particularly if you involve the kids!
Snowball No Bake Cookies
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 teaspoons coconut water
- 4 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- organic dark chocolate
1. Place 1 cup shredded coconut, the coconut oil & water, and the almond butter into the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides every once in a while until it reaches a butter consistency.
2. Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined.
3. Add 3/4 cup of additional shredded coconut and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined and formed a batter.
4. Shape the coconut mixture into 1” balls and coat with the additional shredded coconut. Refrigerate for at last an hour or up to a week.
(You can make them even more delish by dipping in dark chocolate and then rolling in coconut)
It will make a mess, but it sure will be fun (and delicious).